About the Western Legacy Center
Opening soon, the Western Legacy Center in Whitehall, Montana will offer a unique visitor experience that celebrates the dynamic diversity of the Treasure State. From interactive ‘hands on’ exhibits & special events to a rich array of local products (now available for purchase in the WLC's very own unique gift shop), the amazing story of America’s last & best place will be on full display, all day, every day.
The active participation of the Montana Pro Rodeo Hall and Wall of Fame provides an exciting dimension to the Center—showcasing the state’s legendary cowboy, cowgirl, and rodeo culture. Related historical themes include railroads, mining, mountain men and multi-dimensional Native American culture.
More than a comprehensive visitor’s center, the Center is an interactive experience with unique hands-on displays and exhibits envisioned to employ state-of-the-art technology that appeals to all ages. These are envisioned to include:
- A mining exhibition with a ‘pan for gold’ opportunity and simulators that allow participants to ‘drive’ mining equipment, excavators and haul trucks.
- Animated displays focused on Native American culture and Montana’s storied place in the evolution of the West.
- Integration of a 3-D Visual Center that facilitates virtual participation in rodeo events.
- Futuristic displays showcasing Montana’s exciting role in the Innovation Age.
- Hologram visualizations that create separation from traditional static museum presentations.
An exciting calendar of events is being programmed in partnership with community organizations. These include the upscaling of current attractions like Frontier Days and the Christmas Stroll. New events in development include Plan a Rendezvous Day, Mining Day and Horse Whisperer event.
PO BOX 1045